Hexen II: Hammer of Thyrion (uHexen2) - version 1.5.8
Hammer of Thyrion is a cross-platform port of Raven Software's
Hexen II source to support Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, QNX, other
unices, Mac OS X, Windows, and DOS. It is based on an old linux
port Anvil of Thyrion.
Hexen II was created by Raven Software Corp., published by Id
Software Inc and distributed by Activision, Inc. Hexen II and
Portal of Praevus are trademarks of Raven Software Corporation.
Hammer of Thyrion is *not* made, and is *not* supported by any
of these software companies in any way.
This code is copyright the repective authors and it is released
under the GNU Public License v2.
Hammer of Thyrion (uHexen2) release notes:
Changes in v1.5.8: (Aug. 12, 2016.)
This is a minor bug fix and maintenance release:
- Software renderer: Fixed a reported crash if the engine is compiled with certain Visual Studio versions (bug #62.)
- Software renderer: Fixed sky scaling issues, thanks to Szilard Biro. (fix found in 'ToChriS' quake source.)
- Software renderer: Fixed scaling console backgrounds whose dimensions are not the default 320x200. One such example is the "Game of Tomes" mod which has a 1024x768 conback.lmp.
- Hexenworld server: Added "-protocol x" command line option to force the server to use a specific protocol (25 or 26), if so required.
- Amiga: Video fixes. On AROS, the game does not 'freeze' in fullscreen mode anymore if the 'Timidity:' assign is not present.
- Amiga: m68k-amigaos support. (Use VBCC as the compiler, gcc has code generation issues.)
- Windows: Visual Studio builds no longer require yasm or nasm. Tested compilation using VS2015-update/2.
- DOS, PCI sound driver: Updates, more Intel HDA chipsets recognized.
- DOS, 3dfx opengl: Macronix (MX86251) variants of Voodoo Rush boards are now functional.
- DOS, 3dfx opengl: Further updates/fixes to opengl and glide drivers. Updates to DXE exports so that more opengl driver builds would work without requiring an engine recompile.
- All platforms, gameplay: Fixed an issue with the rider bosses Death, Pestilence and War in coop mode. (as reported by Spike and Korax.)
- Other minor fixes/tidy-ups elsewhere in the source.