Short: TextEditor custom class for MUI
Author: TextEditor.mcc Open Source Team
Uploader: Jens Maus <mail jens-maus de>
Requires: AmigaOS 3.0+, MorphOS or AROS, MUI 3.8+, 68020+/PPC604e+
Architecture: ppc-amigaos >= 4.0.0; m68k-amigaos >= 3.0; ppc-morphos >= 1.4.2; i386-aros; ppc-aros; x86_64-aros
TextEditor.mcc is a multiline string gadget which offers most of the common
features you can find in a typical text editor, but embedded in a MUI custom
class. It is used by a wide range of well-known MUI based applications like
YAM or SimpleMail as the main text editing gadget. Its main features are:
- Text can be colored (limited syntax highlighting)
- WYSIWYG for bold, italic and underline soft styles
- Multi-level undo & redo
- Lines with different alignments (left, right, centered)
- Ability to insert thick or thin separators with an optional title
- Easy marking either using the mouse or keyboard
- Full clipboard support, offering very fast cut & paste routines
- Light text highlighting for e-mail based on an opening ">" character
- Support for external spellcheckers, including type'n'spell and word
- Configurable keys, colors, cursor types, blink speed, and much more
- Ability to have a bitmap as a background
- Support for proportional fonts with floating word wrap, as well as
- Horizontal scrolling in no word wrap mode.
- Support for very long lines (more than 50000 chars in a single line).
- Pixel smooth scrolling
- AREXX interface for scripted programming
TextEditor is available for AmigaOS3, AmigaOS4, MorphOS and AROS.
1) Extract the archive to a temporary directory.
> cd RAM:
> lha x MCC_TextEditor.lha
2) Go to the "MCC_TextEditor/Libs/MUI/<OS>" directory where <OS> is the directory
matching the operating system you want to install TextEditor.mcc for:
> cd MCC_TextEditor/Libs/MUI/AmigaOS4
3) copy all #?.mcc and #?.mcp files found in that <OS> directory to the
global "MUI:libs/mui/" directory on your system partition:
> copy #?.mcc MUI:Libs/mui/
> copy #?.mcp MUI:Libs/mui/
4) reboot and enjoy the new version ;)
TextEditor.mcc was originally written in 1997 and is Copyright (C) 1997-2000
by Allan Odgaard. As of version 15.10, released in April 2005, the gadget is
maintained and Copyright (C) 2005-2018 TextEditor.mcc Open Source Team.
TextEditor.mcc is distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public License
(LGPL) and the development is hosted at github.com:
Please consult the included "COPYING" file for more detailed information
about the licensing of the gadget and its source code.
CHANGES SINCE THE LAST RELEASE
Please refer to the included ChangeLog in the archive for a detailed information
on the changes since the last public release.