MORPHOZA by ENCORE
version 1.1.0 (August 5th, 2020)
Demo for MorphOS PowerPC.
Alpha version of the demo was shown in
the Wild competition at the Decrunch 2017
party in Wroclaw/Poland (June 2nd-4th, 2017).
code, engine, design, gfx 2D, gfx 3D, anim
(C) 2017-2020 ENCORE
hardware: PowerPC CPU, 3D accelerator
software: MorphOS 3.11+, 3D drivers
-------- info --------
Special thanks and greetings for:
My forgiving family which still lets me for the hobby:
Nati, Ira, Igi
(Nati - thanks for anim of your eye used in this demo)
Caro - as you can see - I did it again.
I don't know why... :)
Decrunch party organizers - thanks for organise
demoscene party in my city
MorphOS Team - thank you for developing my favourite
Amiga-like operating system
PPA, eXec, MorphZone, morphos.pl admins and guests
Sofcik and MacGadka
All real and happy users of:
MorphOS, AmigaOS4, AROS and... Amiga Classic :)
A few (un)interesting facts about the Morphoza...
3371 butterflies were involved for create this production.
No butterflies were harmed in the making of this demo.
Final version doesn't require SDL (yeeeaaah) and uses Reggae for
The demo allows to switch between window and fullscreen modes at any
time - just use RightCommand+F shortcut.
Devices used during creating the demo:
- PowerBook G4 with MorphOS 3.9-3.13,
- MacBook Pro mid 2012 with macOS 10.12-10.15,
- iPhone 6/8 with iOS 10-13,
- iPad mini 2 with iOS 10-12.
All 3D graphics (objects, scenes, animations) created in
Blender 2.78/2.79b for macOS and exported to internal formats
of the engine using Encore's plugins for Blender.
2D graphics created in:
- Pixelmator, Affinity Designer, GIMP, Inkscape for macOS,
- ImageFX, ArtEffect for AmigaOS/MorphOS.
Coded in C/C++ with:
- Scribble and Flow Studio with GCC 5/6/8 on MorphOS,
- Xcode 8/9/11 on macOS.
The demo uses Encore Engine 4.2.0 which has been developing by MDW since 2006.
This is very simple and lightweight engine which allows to create demos/games
for various platforms. However main target is new Amiga-like platforms
(called AmigaNG): AmigaOS4, MorphOS, AROS. Current version of the Encore
Engine requires simple C++ and old version OpenGL (fixed pipeline without
shaders support). These requirements could be changed in a future. It depends
on features of OpenGL implementations for supported platforms (especially:
MorphOS, AmigaOS4, AROS).
See you in our next productions...
Mariusz "MDW" Wlodarczyk
Wroclaw/Poland, August 5th, 2020
-------- history --------
ver. 1.1.0 (August 5th, 2020)
- Encore Engine updated to version 4.2.0.
- Demo code adapted to new engine.
- Small refactor of resources manager.
- Added to Launcher function for disable looping of end scroller
(hey Cool amigaN).
ver. 1.0.0 (May 4th, 2020)
- Final version of the demo. Most of scenes have been changed, modified,
optimized (gfx 2D/3D, anims and code).
- Now the demo and the engine don't require SDL and use only standard
- Reggae multimedia framework (instead of SDL_Mixer) plays music.
- User can switch (RCmd+F) between scalable window and and fullscreen
during watching the demo.
- Fixed all known bugs.
- Added simple Launcher which allows to set some options before
run the demo.
- Encore Engine updated to the latest version (hundreds fixes, changes,
very important refactores).
- Added report screen at the end of demo.
ver 0.9.0 alpha (June 2nd, 2017)
- Unfinished version released the the Decrunch 2017 party.