Short: Graphical FTP/FTPS/SFTP client
Uploader: email@example.com (jPV^RNO)
Requires: AmiSSL v4
RNOXfer is a graphical multipurpose file transfer client with support for
FTP, FTPS, and SFTP protocols. It's the first all-in-one program for any
Amiga compatible operating system!
Please consider the time and effort I put in to create this utility for your
use and enjoyment. If you feel it is useful to you, please send a donation
that represents the benefit you gain from using it to me at the address found
in this ReadMe.txt file (Uploader) or click the Donate button at
- Supports FTP(S) and SFTP protocols
- Supports both explicit and implicit FTPS connections
- Recursive file transfers
- Resume support
- Large files support
- Online editing of files (automatic uploading)
- Create new files using the specific editor setup in Settings
- Open double-clicked files using the program defined in Settings
- Edit filenames and permissions
- File search functionality
- Calculate directory sizes
- Import addresses in URL format
- Configurable IP address and port range for the active mode
- Ability to send custom FTP commands to servers
- File selection functionality by pattern matching
- AmiSSL v4 (http://aminet.net/search?query=amissl)
Note that pre 4.5 versions of AmiSSL v4 had a buggy installer script on
MorphOS. Installations made with them may be incomplete and in these cases
it's recommended you update to version 4.5 or higher.
Copy the whole directory anywhere you want and just launch the program.
- To add a new entry to the Server List, enter the server information in the
main window, test that it connects, and click the Add button on the Server
- To modify an entry in the Server List, select and modify it, and click the
Add button again.
- Double-clicking a Server List entry may cause it to react in various ways
related to its configuration in the Settings window.
- Server List entries can be copied as URLs to the Clipboard using the right
mouse button context menu.
- To search for files or to calculate directory sizes, select the required
directories and use the right mouse button context menu option.
- Double-clicking a search result entry selects the file, and thus opens the
corresponding directory in the program GUI.
- There are some "hidden" keyboard shortcuts in addition to marked shorctuts:
l - Activates the local path field
r - Activates the remote path field
, - Opens the parent directory on the local file list
. - Opens the parent directory on the remote file list
o - Cycles the protocol option
? - Opens the pattern selection window for the local lister
* - Opens the pattern selection window for the remote lister
Program settings are found in the program's pull-down menu and they will be
saved to the ENVARC:Hollywood/com.wmhost.jpv.rnoxfer file.
The "Settings -> Save" pull-down menu option also saves the server list
entries, selected server, and the open states of individual windows.
There is also an advanced configuration file (advanced.conf), which is used
to pass custom curl options to the program. Check the provided example file
for more information.
COMMAND LINE OPTIONS AND ICON TOOLTYPES
RNOXfer uses non-standard command line arguments. Arguments must be given
in the form of (note the "-" prefix): -argument parameter
-url <URL> . . . . . - Imports a URL at startup
-select <hostname> . - Selects a server from the server list
-select <position> . - Selects a server using its position (No.) in the list
-passive <on|off> . - Enables (default) or disables the passive mode
-connect . . . . . . - Auto-connect to the current server
-localdir <path> . . - Sets the local directory (path:to/dir)
-remotedir <path> . - Sets the remote directory (/path/to/dir/)
RNOXfer -url "ftp://main.aminet.net/new" -connect
The same arguments can be used as icon tooltypes, by omitting the "-" prefix.
- Added support for the SFTP protocol
- Added support for large files
- Added an option to use graphic enhanced buttons in the program GUI
- Transfer speeds are displayed in the progress gauge
- Added an option to show directory names in bold text
- Directory creating failures are handled better
- Fixed handling of links with the full path
- Added an option to verify uploads
- Added selection information within the status line
- Status line indicates if the selected files are equal on both sides
- Better URL encoding when copying URLs to the clipboard
- Pattern selection interprets #? as a wildcard now
- More verbose delete requester
- Added a password requester if no password is set when connecting
- Added a command line argument for the passive mode (defaults to pasv now)
- Minor tweaking
- An overlooked debug line broke recursive downloading in v1.1
- Drag & drop failed for icons with no actual file or directory
- Added options to launch external programs after transfers
- Fixed handling of certain special characters in filenames
- Added drag & drop uploading
- Added an option to hide the local lister
- Added file selection functionality by pattern matching
- Added an option to view or download double-clicked files
- Improved local drag & drop
- Improved advanced.conf functionality
- Changed the default viewer setting to C:WBRun on OS4
- Minor tweaking
- Please visit http://jpv.wmhost.com/jpv_software/ for screenshots, support,
donations, and other software
- This program is made with Hollywood: http://www.hollywood-mal.com/
- Neil Pearson for testing and proof-reading
- Densho/RNO for the logo
- Martin 'Mason' Merz for AISS toolbar icons
This software is made available to you as DONATIONWARE. If you use this
software, please make a PayPal donation to the author.
The author accepts no liability for any damage caused to your system, other
connected peripherals, or data files in any way by using this software.