Short: Amiga port of a popular logic game
Author: Grzegorz Kraszewski, MorphOS port by uploader
Uploader: polluks+aminet sdf lonestar org (Stefan Haubenthal)
Kurz: Amiga-Port eines beliebten Logikspiels
Amiga port of a popular logic game.
## The Game
Untangle is a logic puzzle, where the player faces a set of dots connected
by lines. Usually the set is untidy, many lines cross another ones. The
game goal is to untangle lines by moving dots, so finally no line cross
## Project Goals
* Game should be system friendly, working in a window on Workbench, using
only documented APIs.
* Minimum system version is 3.0.
* RTG (graphic cards) should be supported out of the box. Without dedicated
code paths and explicit opening of RTG libraries, if possible.
* Would be nice if it works on MorphOS, AmigaOS 4, AROS using M68k
emulation built into these operating systems.
* Should be comfortably playable on stock A1200, stock A500 is not a Holy
Grail, but why not.
Project is developed on a real Amiga 1200 with 68020 @ 28 MHz and 64 MB
fast RAM. Compiler used is native GCC 2.95.3 with usual GeekGadgets
environment, and "make" tool. To build the game just enter
in a shell.
At the moment test level file ("level.iff") is built manually from
assembler source "level.s" with
vasm -Fbin level.s -o level.iff
It implies that "vasm" assembler is also installed. This is a temporary
solution, I plan to add feature of creation and saving levels in the game
Executable may be copied anywhere. "level.iff" file should be in the same
directory as executable. It runs from shell as well as from Workbench. For
now there is no icon for it.
After starting select "New" from menu (or `RAmiga + n` from keyboard) to
load the test level.
* Amiga with any processor (code is compiled for 68000).
* Kickstart/Workbench 3.0 or higher.
* For now there is no detection of non-square pixel display modes, so dots
are distorted on, for example, "PAL HighRes".