GngeoNG Version 0.8.1 Morphos Port by HunoPPC Amiga French Team
GnGeoNG is a fast and powerful command line Neo Geo emulator for GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, and maybe some other Unices.
Peponas For GngeoNG
OS4 port by Hugues "HunoPPC" Nouvel
It use the following CPU cores:
Blitter, Effect, bug-fix and suggestion : Espinetes
The 68k core from the generator project by James Ponder.
Starscream 680x0 emulation library by Neill Corlett.
Cyclone 680x0 core by fDave, Reesy & Notaz.
Raze Z80 emulator by Richard Mitton.
Z80 Mame core from the Mame project.
DrZ80 core from Reesy & Flubba.
YM2610 Mame core by Tatsuyuki Satoh.
change in 0.7 AOS4
really an exit sequence anymore...
. Add longname option in the romrc.d files to describe tha full name of a driver
(must be the first line of the .rc file)
. Support dos line ending in the rom.rc files and in the gngeorc file
. Fix various automake stuff to allow Multi-Architecture Builds
. Romrc.d officially replace the big romrc file. Every game have a unique file
(ie: mslug.rc) that go to PROGDIR:romrc.d/ by default.
The path is configurable via the romrcdir option
. Add biospath option. This option tel where the bios is. Now you can have your
roms and your bios in different place
. Fix a bug with error handling when a bios file isn't present.
. Fix miexchng slowdown, again :D
. Engine fixed by Fab1
.Fix Audio buffer OS4
.Adding 44100 on native mode
.Fix Video mode for a LCD monitor on HDMI
.Fix Filters for LCD monitor on HDMI
change in 0.7.1 AOS4
.Add PAUSE with KEY "p"
.Add support JOYSTICK AXIS Fixed now
change in 0.8.0 AOS4 (code name "NG") By peponas and HunoPPC
- 2 versions of GngeoNG:
> one for a cool Ami603 GUI "NeoGUI" is named "gngeo"
> one with a new GUI incorporate on GngeoNG created by Peponas, is named "GngeoNG-GUI"
Choice your favorite GngeoNG and enjoy ;o)
- Add a new dumpgfx2
- F1 Reset
- F3 test switch on
- F4 test switch off
- F10 AutoFrameSkip : ON/OFF
- F11 F10 AutoFrameSkip : ON/OFF
- Added a new blitter:
- opengl is native mode on opengl (320x240, change this on gngeorc)
- opengl2x is mode opengl 2x with bilinear support (640x480, change this on gngeorc)
- Debug on shell for loading rom
- All fix for loading ROM
- Fix for bug for loading a big roms
- Fix Loading and save STATE
- Resolution is now always 320x240
- Fix effect with vsync
- Various menu fix
- Change the way screen320 work. The fix layer is now omit in the first and last column so the background can bee seen on the side. Have some artifact depending on the game, so default to off
- add vsync option
- Force 240 size with vsync
- fix minors bugs in menu code
- Fix Fatfury3
- Rom selector update
- Add gngeo.dat
- BugFix: SDL_ShowCursor now work correctly even with SDL_NOMOUSE=1
- Code refactor and clean up
- Better event handling in menu
- Save state support (only for gen68k and mame z80 for now)
- Calling gngeo without parameter now launch the rom browser gngeo
- Some CleanUp
- more robust bios loading code
- Check allocated buffer for roms loading and decrypting
- Fix Garou Kof99 and matrim
- Add preliminary support for big rom streming system
- Fix Video mode for a LCD monitor on HDMI
- Fix Filters for LCD monitor on HDMI
- Add PAUSE with KEY "p"
- Add support JOYSTICK AXIS
change in 0.8.1 AOS4 (code name "NG") By peponas and HunoPPC
- Increase speed on the GUI for loading and using a menu (60% fastest).
- Vsync has deleted now (problems with doublebuffer on AOS4).
- Fix crash on loading savestate function (Z80 error), force libération of 68K emulation.
- Now support a samplerate 44100, added on a menu.
- Fix support 2 Joysticks (i added "args" on gngeorc on folder "conf")
- New fix for SAVE STATE (please delete your old Save state on "data" folder, not compatible with this new engine.
- New folder "savestate" for all save of SAVE STATE
- Fix save config file "gngeorc" on folder "conf", now writing correctly your saved prefs.
- changed a text on error request
- Fix and write a new code -> prefs config for individual game and add new PATH on prefs (confpath:), new global prefs for individual game "gngeogamerc".
change in 0.8.1 MORPHOS First release (code name "NG") By peponas and HunoPPC
-Fix PATH MOS
-Fix libération ressource
-Fix save all config, writing new routine
-Fix all error on libzip
-Full support render software, no support opengl render.
- Copy the folder Gngeo in your Emulation section, start the executable in the shell with your command, use version with native GUI , or use NeoGUI 51.4 (minimum) on http://os4depot.net/. (important delete your OLD prefs for NeoGUI and reboot your "miga" please).
-NeoGeo BIOS files are required, Copy neogeo.zip and uni-bios.rom BIOS on "bios" dir
=> required on the neogeo.zip
- NeoGeo ROMS files are required, Copy your all roms on "Roms" dir (for better compatibility see recent install roms from MAME World)
- Launch, choice your rom and enjoy
IMPORTANT: YUV, OpenGL and OpenGL2X don't support effect's (very slow) use effects with soft blitter please.
Options "save state" and "load state" are experimental that can crash the machine.
On MORPHOS NO SUPPORT OPENGL RENDER
add -h after executable for look options:
--68kclock=x Overclock the 68k by x% (-x% for underclk)
--autoframeskip Enable auto frameskip
--bench Draw x frames, then quit and show average fps
-B, --biospath=PATH Tell gngeo where your neogeo bios is
-b, --blitter=Blitter Use the specified blitter (help for a list)
--country=... Set the contry to japan, asia, usa or europe
--dump Create a gno dump in the current dir and exit
-D, --debug Start with inline debuger
-e, --effect=Effect Use the specified effect (help for a list)
--forcepc Force the PC to a correct value at startup
-f, --fullscreen Start gngeo in fullscreen
-d, --gngeo.dat=PATH Tell gngeo where his ressource file is
-h, --help Print this help and exit
-H, --hwsurface Use hardware surface for the screen
-I, --interpolation Merge the last frame and the current
--joystick Enable joystick support
-l, --listgame Show all the game available in the romrc
--libglpath=PATH Path to your libGL.so
-P, --pal Use PAL timing (buggy)
--p1control=... Player1 control configutation
--p2control=... Player2 control configutation
--p1hotkey0=... Player1 Hotkey 0 configuration
--p1hotkey1=... Player1 Hotkey 1 configuration
--p1hotkey2=... Player1 Hotkey 2 configuration
--p1hotkey3=... Player1 Hotkey 3 configuration
--p2hotkey0=... Player2 Hotkey 0 configuration
--p2hotkey1=... Player2 Hotkey 1 configuration
--p2hotkey2=... Player2 Hotkey 2 configuration
--p2hotkey3=... Player2 Hotkey 3 configuration
-r, --raster Enable the raster interrupt
-i, --rompath=PATH Tell gngeo where your roms are
--sound Enable sound
--showfps Show FPS at startup
--sleepidle Sleep when idle
--screen320 Use 320x224 output screen (instead 304x224)
--system=... Set the system to home, arcade or unibios
--scale=X Scale the resolution by X
--samplerate=RATE Set the sample rate to RATE
-t, --transpack=Transpack Use the specified transparency pack
-v, --version Show version and exit
--vsync Synchronise the display with VBLANK
--z80clock=x Overclock the Z80 by x% (-x% for underclk)
All boolean options can be disabled with --no-OPTION
(Ex: --no-sound turn sound off)
Enable auto frameskipping. The program will determine the best frameskip value to avoid lagging the gameplay on a machine that is too slow to emulate at full speed.
Use the specified blitter. -b help will provide a list of available blitters. soft, opengl, and yuv are typical choices.
Set the country code to japan, usa or europe
Enable gngeo's internal debugger, for hacking, cheating, or fixing bugs.
Use the specified video effect. -e help will provide a list of available effects.
Start gngeo in fullscreen mode.
Use a SDL hardware surface for the emulator's video. This can improve performance if your video hardware/drivers are fast.
Enable interpolation from one frame to the next. This can make the display look "smoother", but has a performance penalty.
Enable joystick support.
Use PAL timings. This currently has bugs.
Player 1 and Player 2 keyboard and joystick mappings, respectively. (need more details)
IMPORTANT: For your prefs "gngeorc" change this parameters please:
for joystick: J=joystick 0=number of joystick A=analogic H=digital 0=the hat (important: for inverse the fonction is "a" and not "A")
For keyboard is letter K
Enable the raster interrupt. (need more details)
Give the path to locate the ROM collection. The default is to look in PROGDIR:Roms/, but your ROM collection is most likely not there. :)
Give the path to locate the CONF collection. The default is to look in PROGDIR:conf/, but your CONF collection is most likely not there. :)
Enable sound emulation.
When the emulator is started, show a frames-per-second count. This can be used to gauge a baseline performance for the emulation.
Enabling this option will cause the emulator to give up time to the system when it is idle. It can incur a performance penalty, but can also make the emulator "nicer" to the rest of the system.
This option allows you to set the type of the emulated system to home or arcade, depending on how you prefer to play your games. There are some differences in many games if they detect a home system instead of an arcade system.
Upscale the resolution by N. For example, if N is 3, the Neo-Geo output, which is normally 320x224, will become 960x448 (create new screenmode: MODE=640x480@60
MODE=848x480@60. You may encounter a mode which is not hardware accelerated when using this option.
Set the sound sample rate to N. N will typically be 11025, 22050 or 26000.
Use the specified transparency pack (need more details), The default is to look in PROGDIR:/bld
Show summary of options.
F1 => Reset Neogeo Rom
F2 => Save screenshots on DIR "/PROGDIR/shots"
F3 => Test switch ON
F4 => Test switch OFF
F5 => Show fps ON:OFF
F10 => Autoframeskip ON/OFF
F11 => Sleep IDLE ON/OFF
F12 => Fullscreen / window mode
ESC => Menu with all prefs and choice
p => Pause game
Peponas for dev and new core of gngeo
Ami603 For the GUI "NeoGUI"
Murakami For the french catalogue and betatesting of GUI
Lio, Jester, Samo79, all betatester on my site and Matthis for betatesting GngeoNG and GUI
and My All Fans ;o)
- Tested on AmigaOS 4.1 and AmigaOS 4.1 update3 SAM460, PEGASOS 2 G4 (untested on AmigaOS 4.0)
- Tested on Pegasos 2 MORPHOS 2.7 and PowerSDL 14
- Code optimised and cleanup for the low PowerPC and SDL Amiga
- Support Joystick
- To make your life easier, use the nice GUI (NeoGUI) by Vicente 'Ami603' Gimeno available at http://os4depot.net/
My Wife "Claire" and children "Matthis and Sorhënn" to me allow time to develop
Hyperion Entertainment - For the development of Amiga OS 4.0 and 4.1
ACube for my SAM460
My All betatester's (KL, LIO, Amidark, Crisot, Fab1 and more....)
and the AMIGA community
Bugreports for AmigaOS 4x at
NOUVEL (HunoPPC) Hugues