Short: PDF creator
Uploader: firstname.lastname@example.org (jPV^RNO)
RNOPublisher is an easy-to-use PDF publishing program.
- Supports the most common page sizes in portrait and landscape modes
- Freely placeable text boxes, images, PDF links, and graphical objects
- PDF links can point to document pages or web links
- Supports base fonts that don't affect the file size
- Custom TTF fonts can be embedded into documents
- PDF outlines (table of contents) support
- User creatable page templates
- PDF exporting supports passwords and compression options
- Constrained mouse movement and resizing using qualifier keys
- Additional document saving and loading in its own format
- Drag & drop loading of documents, pictures, and text files
There are two optional ways to install the progam:
1) Use the Grunch program to install the program automatically. It will also
allow Ambient to recognise RNOPublisher document files and open them with
the program when double-clicked (installs own document filetype).
2) Install it manually by copying the whole directory anywhere you want, and
configure Ambient to recognise RNOPublisher documents by copying the
provided filetype to the corresponding path in your SYS: partition and
modifying the command path in the x-rnopublisher file to point to where
the program is located.
- Remember to click the "Apply changes" button after any modifications to
- Double-clicking an object moves it one step forward in the layer stack.
- Move several objects at once by multi-selecting them from the object list.
- Document title + author fields are saved to both RNOPublisher and PDF files.
- Auto saving only works on a document that has been created and saved.
- Templates are stored in the Templates directory in the program directory,
and users can modify them or create new ones from them.
- Qualifier keys when handling objects with the mouse:
Shift . . - Constrains object movement/resizing to vertical direction
Ctrl . . . - Constrains object movement/resizing to horizontal direction
Alt . . . - Retains the aspect ratio when resizing an object
- "Hidden" keyboard shortcuts in addition to marked shorctuts:
Esc . . . - Abort dragging or resizing of an object
F1 . . . . - Cut a page
F2 . . . . - Copy a page
F3 . . . . - Paste a page
F5 . . . . - Cut an object
F6 . . . . - Copy an object
F7 . . . . - Paste an object
PageUp . . - Jump to the previous page
PageDown . - Jump to the next page
Home . . . - Jump to the first page
End . . . - Jump to the last page
Program settings are to be found in the program's pull-down menu and they will
be saved to the ENVARC:Hollywood/com.wmhost.jpv.rnopublisher file.
COMMAND LINE OPTIONS AND ICON TOOLTYPES
RNOPublisher uses non-standard command line arguments. Arguments must be given
in the form of (note the "-" prefix): -argument parameter
-defrnd <path> . . - Sets the default directory for RNODOC files
-defpdf <path> . . - Sets the default directory for PDF files
-deffont <path> . - Sets the default directory for fonts
RNOPublisher -defrnd "Work:Documents"
The same arguments can be used as icon tooltypes, but by omitting the
- Please visit http://jpv.wmhost.com/jpv_software/ for screenshots, support,
donations, and other software
- This program is made with Hollywood: http://www.hollywood-mal.com/
- Salvatore Abbate for the idea and support
- Neil Pearson for testing and proof-reading
- Densho/RNO for the logo
This software is made available to you as Freeware and you may use this
software in whatever way you wish, but the author accepts no liability for
any damage caused to your system, other connected peripherals, or data files
in any way by using this software.
Please consider the time and effort I put in to create this utility for your
use and enjoyment. If you feel it is useful to you, please consider sending a
donation that represents the benefit you gain from using it to me at the
address found in this ReadMe.txt file (Uploader) or click the Donate button at