VectorInk Graphics Editor
Description: VectorInk is a basic vector graphics editor that allows to create, save and load
graphics in the widely used SVG file format. It offers common features such as Path, Text, Pencil,
Line, Rectangle, Ellipse, and Shape Tools as well as a basic layering system for altering the order
The main purpose of the application is assist in the creation and editing of icon designs and basic
graphics to be used with other applications or document types.
Please note that, depending on their file format structure, drawings that were not created with VectorInk
may only be partially editable via the graphical user interface. You can still alter those graphics by
using the built-in SVG source code editor.
Please do not hesitate to report any issues on MorphZone (https://morph.zone).
- Free-hand drawing
- Lines, Polylines
- Polygons/Curved Paths/Stars
- Stylable Text
- Color/Gradient picker
- Convert Shapes to Path
- Linear Gradient Picking
- View and Edit SVG Source
- Resizable Canvas
- Editing outside the canvas
- Multiple path segment selection
- Radial Gradients
- Configurable Options
- Eye-dropper tool
- Copy the VectorInk folder to SYS:Applications so the "VectorInk" program is located at
Minimum system requirements:
- Kite Hybrid-App Runtime v1.0 or newer.
- Any machine that is able to run MorphOS 3.14 or newer.
- At least 256 MB of system memory.
Recommended system requirements:
- PowerMac G5 or faster.
- 128MB of graphics memory
- 512MB of system memory
How to run
1. Double-click the VectorInk icon.
Known quirks and limitations:
- Trying to edit the path of complex drawings that were created with other software may result in
odd UI behavior.
- Only available in English language. (If you would like to see support for multiple languages,
please consider donating and stating this as the purpose.)
- Only available with a custom Origo theme. (If you would like to see custom UI settings and/or
automatic selection from multiple themes, please consider donating and stating this as the purpose.)
For feedback and questions, please visit https://morph.zone
To support this and similar projects, visit http://kite.morph.zone/contribute
Many thanks to the MorphZone users NewSense and Templario for donating to Folio's development, which is a separate but
technically affiliated project.
Thanks to Frank Mariak for compiling numerous binaries of the MorphOS version of Kite, which VectorInk utilizes, and
fixing related issues.
Also, thanks to Thomas Igracki for providing code that provides proper focus to applications after switching between
VectorInk was developed by André Siegel. The author can be contacted by sending an email to
This version of the project is based on Method Draw, which is a fork of the popular SVG-edit. For anyone interested
in developing a similar application, the source code for both projects can be found on Github. The original unaltered
sources are available under the permissive MIT license.
1. Enabled compact UI mode that allows to use the application in screen resolutions as low as 800x600 (as suggested by amifrog).
2. Fixed absolute paths that referenced the default system partition name rather than the generic "SYS" (as reported by Geit/jPV).
3. Added additional styling to node-related tool buttons for a more coherent appearance.
4. Disabled leftover debug window that was triggered by clicking the fullscreen mode button.