Short: Simple RSS (and Atom as well) client
Author: email@example.com (Aleksei Gerasimov)
Uploader: ger-alex seznam cz (Aleksei Gerasimov)
Simple RSS (and Atom at some extent) client written in Hollywood for
Amiga-flavored OSes. Unlike other RSS clients, IvoRSS stores locally only
actual content of RSS channel, and doesn't bother user with tens of old read
and unread messages.
IvoRSS should work from any dedicated drawer.
Copy IvoRSS binary to the previously installed drawer.
1. Fixed crash for uncovered HTML characters
2. Finally, any smallest change of "article" will trigger IvoRSS to show it as
unread. But at least left and rigth sides of application will be
3. Changed a little bit layout to look a little bit better under AmigaOS4
4. Added glow icon for AmigaOS3
5. Created kind of glow icon for AmigaOS4
1. Reworked parsing in Explore window
2. Downloading is reworked, IvoRSS tracks modified time on server
3. Changed New/Read identification, there are still false positives, but
should be less of them
4. Now MUI&MUIRoyale set up to not let labels to explode and break layout
5. More &HtMl_characters; are covered
6. More Amiga related feeds out of the box
1. For the case when something goes wrong, IvoRSS stores its data in
2. Loading of RSS channel icons can be opted out by -donotloadimages key in
shell or by respective DONOTLOADIMAGES tooltip in Workbench icon.
3. If you encounter network issues with IvoRSS, setting up
USEDEFAULTDOWNLOADER tooltip may help
4. If application suddenly freezes, may help increased stack size. However, I
expect that 8192 KB will be enough already.
IvoRSS itself is open-sourced and distributed under terms of MIT license.
However, one will require commercial copy of Hollywood
(http://www.hollywood-mal.com/) to build it from the sources.
IvoRSS uses XMLParser, MUIRoyale and hURL plugins. They were written by
Andreas Falkenhahn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Visit http://www.hollywood-mal.com/ for more information on Hollywood and its
RSS icon originally distributed by the Mozilla Foundation under a MPL license.